- Stress is a killer. Just like you need those relaxing moments, try giving your hair a break as well: Skip the blow-dry, the straightening or curling once in a while.
- Indulge in a scalp massage every so often. A massage will increase blood circulation in the scalp. It will stimulate growth, and strengthens the hair's roots.
- Avoid hair products that contain petroleum-derived silicone. Although silicone will give the sense of a smooth and healthy hair, it seals the hair shaft, dries out the hair and will clogs follicles. You will never find any silicone-based products at our salon.
- Don’t wash your hair too often. We already talked about how to wash and care for your hair in another post. Keep in mind: Washing your hair will always remove moisture - make sure you replenish it.
- Get regular maintenance cuts, about every 2 months. Trimming your ends will remove splits and dead ends and will promote growth.
- Eat healthy and protein-rich foods and drink a lot of water. Remember: Hair is almost all protein. Vitamins B, C, Biotin and Folic Acid will nourish your hair as well.
- Essential oils will stimulate hair follicles, and replenish the scalp. Ask for an oily supplement when getting your scalp massage.
There are a lot of products that are focused on growing strong, healthy and shiny hair. While picking the right products is certainly important, it is also important to keep some more fundamental and natural methods in mind. Your hair is always a reflection of your overall condition, health and vitality. Please ask one of our stylists for an individual and complimentary consultation, as well as service and product recommendations.
Elite Hair Studio Blog